Purifying facial toner is an important part of your skincare routine. It adds excess water to your skin and helps you get rid of oils and dirt. It balances your skin’s pH, allows for better penetration of skincare products, and gives fully radiant and shiny skin.
Some of the other benefits of purifying facial toner are:
- A purifying cleanser gives you a squeaky, clean face.
- Removes dirt and bacteria on the face.
- Shrinks pores, fills cell gaps and reduces the penetration of oils, dirt and other contaminants.
- Prevents redness and skin irritation.
- It helps remove scratches.
- Helps repair damaged skin.
- Contains glycolic acid to help prevent ingrown hair.
- Rejuvenates the skin while on the go.
- It helps to bind moisture to your skin.
- Prevent future outbreaks.
When and how do you use a facial toner?
Cleans and rinses skin, then taps face with a clean towel to dry. Simply apply alcohol-free purifying facial toner using a cotton ball or cotton pad or spray it on your face. Spread a small amount on the face and neck and apply pressure deep into the pores. Let it dry before continuing skincare as usual.
How to choose the right purifying facial toner?
There are so many purifying facial toners on the market today that their options can be overwhelming. However, proper purifying facial toner is required for the toner to be good for the skin.
Toner according to skin type
Dry Skin: For dry skin, the skin is very tight and grainy, but the pores are very small. In winter, the skin tends to dry and flaky. People with dry skin often experience exfoliation, dry spots, and sometimes redness.
Oily skin: Oily skin becomes rough, moist, and greasy. In other words, acne is more likely to occur. Especially at lunchtime, it tends to shine.
Combination Skin: Combination skins are neither dry nor oily, but most are a mixture of both. Your other areas of the face are dry, but the t-zone area tends to be oily.
Normal skin: Your skin may not change during the day. Not too oily and not too dry. The skin usually feels smooth and clean.
Sensitive skin: If your skin is very irritating, it is sensitive skin. It can also feel dry and rough, especially in the afternoons and nights.
Since you are suffering from dry, flaky skin, you need a purifying facial toner that moisturizes your skin. Choose moisturizing toners and avoid alcohol-based toners as they will dry your skin even more.
Oily skin: Always choose a gentlepurifying facial toner. Choose a refreshing toner while avoiding moisturizing toner altogether.
Normal skin: If your skin colour is normal, you need to purchase purifying facial toner according to the season. Choose a refreshing toner in the summer. Choose a moisturizing toner in winter or cold weather.
Combination Skin: Purifying facial tonermust be purchased seasonally. In the summer, you need a refreshing and gentle toner to maintain the oil balance, and in the winter, you need a moisturizing and moisturizing toner.
Sensitive Skin: Choose a very mild toner that does not contain alcohol or acids. Choose toners that are anti-inflammatory and contain antioxidants.
- Purifying facial toner can be cooled for a cooling effect.
- Avoid completely alcohol-based toners as they can be harmful to the skin.
- If your skin is dull, buy a toner that contains caffeine.
- If you have acne or want to prevent acne and pimples, choose a toner containing salicylic acid.
- You can mix foundation and toner for a moist look.
Simply spray purifying facial toner before exercising or other physical activity to keep your skin fresh and moisturized.